Intaba 5K Run & Walk Washington, D.C. - April 12, 2014
We are hosting our second annual 5k at the legendary Rock Creek Park in Washington, D.C. on April 12, 2014 (Pre-Tax Day). The Intaba 5k is the only of it’s kind in the area, with a special emphasis on persons who are deaf who hail from lesser-developed societies around the world. We are a non-profit organization with headquarters here in the USA (Bethesda, MD) and abroad in South Africa (Worcester, Western Cape). The event details are as follows:
- 6:45am - Pre-Race check-in
- 8:00am - 5K Run Start
- 9:00am - Fun Run Start (a one-miler for kids under age 12)
- $40 - 5K Run & Walk
- $20 - Student with ID (License/Student ID proof required upon registration pick-up!)
- $5 - Kids' Fun Mile (Under 12 yrs. old)
Pre-Race check-in opens at 6:45 AM, Intaba 5k runners and walkers can pick up their runner's packets at the event location prior to the race event.
- Free Parking is located in the Picnic Grove 24 area (see map below). Please note that the park must re-open to public at 9:30AM.
- All 5K participants will receive bib with tear-off tag. The race results will be timed and made available online.
- Strollers, baby joggers and headphones are welcome. We ask that these participants please line up last to give others priority.
- Prizes will be distributed to the top three runners in the Men’s and Women’s divisions. Free t-shirts will be available for all participants who register before 03/31/14.
- There will also be a kids’ race (up to age 9) next to Picnic Grove # 24 inside a fenced track. Coupons to Red Robin Restaurant will be given to all participants.
- Water, bananas, and oranges will be provided as refreshments following the race.
- In the event of cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, there will be no refunds.
Rock Creek Park by Picnic Grove #24
16th & Kennedy Streets, NW
Washington, DC 20011